Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My farewell

      There is still just few more days for my days of fun to end.. Even while i say this, i have a tint of doubt lingering in my heart, questioning - was it that fun filled? The truthfull answer to this is that - might not really be so..
      But what could be really termed as being fun? after all one cannot always be happy. Everything has its ups & downs. One cannot have a true friend as described in the "best friend fwd mails & msgs". One cannot be a perfect enemy as portrayed in the villianistic serials. One cannot be perfectly indifferent of the small comedies made in a class. Its upto us to take all that is good & cherish them in the memory & hope that events similar to these might occur in the future again.
      Having analysed what the word "fun" could possibly mean, i can guarantee for sure i did have fun in the past 4 years invaraiably. Let me recall those moments of fun which i had in these 4 years-
  • The first time i made my best friend cry - heart breaking it was, for my eyes started wetting up instantly. The funniest part- we both used the same hand kerchief to wipe both our tears.
  • The time when i was asked by the college director to spot out the person who banged the tables during class hours. I didnt mention anyone & yet felt terribly guilty when one of 'em looked thru my eyes.
  • Outting with my 2 best friends to queensland & adyar beach (separately with each. Its a long story why i have 2 best friends in 2 different groups)
  • The first time saree day - though felt awkward, had a first time different feeling.
  • The unknown landline calls at midnight for a couple of days from someone of my class during 2nd yr. The most funniest part was when i heard that my mom scolded the person on call using superb words.. was at tears after laughing so long.. Pity on the person though.. ha ha..
  • College symposium - i got to know a lot of ppl & actually many of my friends came to know of the real me by then only. All my classmates saw me beyond my barrier..
  • I have cut classes for many reasons: 2nd yr -sympo (my first time of cutting classes), 3rd yr -sympo & tech fest (unsuccessful yet enjoyed a lot), cognizant fest, 4th yr - sympo, presentation for hod, patent rights seminar, exhibition, faculty's seminar, etc (lot many.. forgot 'em).
  • The most important of all bunking was when me & my friend went to mcdonalds & had burger & fries there, when we should have been searching music cd for the dance.
  • farewell at bus given by the jrs.. i really wished i had atleast one younger sibling then..
  • How could i forget to mention.. All thru my coll days i came by coll bus only & all the days were fun filled. We played Anthakshari, Dumsharads & many other games..
  • Had an accident in the bus at 1st yr - felt truly very sorry for my bus driver on seeing his guilt ridden face when he looked at my scar. Wished if only i could comfort him by saying that "Please dont be sorry".
                                                                                                          (to be continued...)

2 comments:

  1. ah same story on our sides.farewell over. for us the real farewell will be when i leave my room mates.vishnu and all.ten of us tamizh guys been together for four years now.but its nice to look forward.free

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice yaar! Have a great time! Fun filled 4 years! All the best 4 ur final exams too..

    ReplyDelete